EVERYONE in AMERICA should be REQUIRED to WATCH THIS video. John Oliver and his writing staff are brilliant.
David Jagger (1891-1958) - Kathleen
ugh… this piece. dopeshit.
Here’s a little peek at our current exhibition “Motion” by gallery artist Erik Jones, on display till July 26th. Enjoy!
This is amazing and beyond inspirational. Watch a master at his craft.
…unless of course that stuff is shit, and it is dope. Then it is cool.
Dave Chappelle recalls his first encounter with Kanye West.
I agree and aspire too, everything in and around this clip and it’s occupants.
1) Make higher education worthless by redefining “skill” as a specific corporate contribution. Tell young people they have no skills.
2) With “skill” irrelevant, require experience. Make internship sole path to experience. Make internships unpaid, locking out all but rich.
3) End on the job training for entry level jobs. Educated told skills are irrelevant. Uneducated told they have no way to obtain skills.
4) As wealthy progress on professional career path, middle and lower class youth take service jobs to pay off massive educational debt.
5) Make these part-time jobs not “count” on resume. Hire on prestige, not skill or education. Punish those who need to work to survive.
6) Punish young people who never found any kind of work the hardest. Make them untouchables — unhireable.
7) Tell wealthy people they are “privileged” to be working 40 hrs/week for free. Don’t tell them what kind of “privileged” it is.
8) Make status quo commentary written by unpaid interns or people hiring unpaid interns. They will tell you it’s your fault.
9) Young people, it is not your fault. Speak out. Fight back. Bankrupt the prestige economy."
this comes from the top rope.
I pretty much hit reblog on this after point 1 alone.
While I personally think this list tries to make the unpaid internship issue “black and white” when, like most things, is more grey. I can get on board with the overall point and opinion that internships are a big problem. As it stands, it’s become an incredibly flawed system that needs heavy regulations and protections for students. I believe the internship program as a system had some benefits and potential good in the beginning stages. However, like most things that go unregulated in the corporate world, the system has been distorted, mutated, and corrupted in an effort to “rig the game” for corporations and their benefactors at the expense of everyone else. Internships now, in general, have grown out of control and are hurting the “many” WAY more than they’re helping the “few”.
Opening this Saturday, July 5th at Hashimoto Contemporary in San Francisco, California is artist Erik Jones (Interviewed) very anticipated solo show, “Motion.” Featuring a multitude of brand new portraits in Jones’s signature, colorful style. Jones looks at his works as conceptual fashion design where the color becomes the clothing. As Erik put it when I interviewed him, “The viewer is capturing a random moment where the forms are consuming the figure. Not in an aggressive or obtrusive way but more like wearing clothes that are alive. Clothes that revere you, they breathe with you.”
Erik’s work is expected to sell quickly - if you’re interested in purchasing a piece please contact Megan at email@example.com.
Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson has an important message about proper attribution.
I THOUGHT THIS WAS AN ADDED CAPTION BUT THEN I WENT TO THE VIDEO AND IT’S REAL
NEIL ACTUALLY SAID THIS
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE
This re-blog is for my buddy Jeremy Enicio. Jeremy has had his artwork stolen many times, used for meme’s and re-blogged with out any kind of credit or sourcing. The artwork he is most consistently robbed of is his portraits of Neil deGrasse Tyson.
this week in ways to psychologically scar your child for life
I don’t know… I’m sure it’s expensive as hell. (If you include the life long psychiatric hospital bills you’d have to pay for.) However, my adult best friend’s birthday is coming up… totally worth it.
GAINS Does Improv Practice pt.3
This is the last one of these, all of which were real fun to do.
Shoutout to Rekha for killing it as coach, and to Matt Laud and Matt Strickland for shooting the whole thing and to Marika and Joe who remain forever swoll
Oh shit… that THIRD installment of the GAINS Does Improv Practice y’all been waiting for is finally here! Check this dopeshit out! Those GAINS kids are hilarious and Rekha is the truth. Matt Laud and Matt Strickland are two of the most swolked dudes I know. If you don’t get GAINS then you’re a pussy… and “pussy’s can get the fuck out.” (copyright GAINS LLC.) j/k. …Never skip leg day.
SCREECHING THERE’S MORE
The Tetris Theme! AKA Korobeiniki.
This guy must be great at parties. epic.
And then Fox was banned from all Emmy awards forever, for the creation of the “puck spotlight”.
Yes, thank you. I would like one please.
i judge people based on their opinion of yeezus (the album)
This is so true.